The construction of the new store is nearing completion. It's time to staff up to serve the wonderful and very welcoming community of Ventura. If you would like to apply to work as a Chocologist or Assistant Manager, please email a resume or application form to TopThisChocolate@gmail.com. Looking for enthusiasm. We will train in chocolate. Food experience preferred. Job descriptions below.
Chocologists prepare chocolate bars on the spot with the toppings of the customer’s choice. Decorating each bar requires intricate handiwork. The ideal chocologist is an enthusiastic problem solver who enjoys making creative suggestions that will make each customer happy.
- Preparing and packaging chocolate creations according to customer specifications or supervisor instructions in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Making creative topping combination recommendations to customers, remembering special requests and delivering custom chocolate products in a timely manner
- Artfully placing toppings on liquid chocolate to create beautiful concoctions
- Using the computer system to ring up customer purchases and provide correct change
- Recording customer suggestions and reporting them to management
- Restocking toppings bar and organizing to maintain an efficient operation
- Maintaining clean work stations, equipment, utensils, tables and floors
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Amazing capacity to be friendly and courteous even if customers do not return the courtesy
- Previous experience in a restaurant or food service establishment
- Food handlers certification and knowledge of kitchen sanitation, cleaning, and maintenance
- Ability to use hands, stand for long periods of time, reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift 25 pound boxes of chocolate discs.
- Proven experience in a customer service role is an advantage
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and some holidays is an advantage
Assistant Manger, full-time
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the quick-serve establishment including preparation, packaging and sales of all chocolate products
- Deliver superior guest services ensuring guest satisfaction
- Schedule, organize and supervise shifts
- Train staff and evaluate staff performance
- Estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory
- Control costs and minimize waste
- Maintain cleaning standards so all areas are tidy and up to code
- Implement innovative strategies to improve productivity and sales
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned with room for growth
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1 year of experience as a restaurant manager or similar role
- Familiarity with restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Good financial skills
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Food Handler's Card
- Culinary or pastry school diploma or coursework in business desired
Top This Chocolate will be a retail store at Ventura Harbor Village where consumers can see premium milk, white or dark liquid chocolate poured out, topped with their choice of nuts, dried fruit, candy, cookies and salty snacks and flash dried right before their eyes. The liquid chocolate will be in full view pouring from chocolate machines. Consumers will also be able to choose whether they want their chocolate and toppings made into a bar, squares or hearts. A name can be spelled out on a bar in chocolate letters. Each custom creation is ready in less than FIVE minutes.
All employment offered will be at will. Any job offer may be contingent on passing a background check.